Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge


So, although I should be tucked away soundly in my bed, I am scouring the web for great couponing websites. The only one I really use is A Full Cup which is great but even then I only use it once a week - to check and see if Harris Teeter is having Super Doubles or Triples!!! Every so often I stumble across a blog I like but many times the regional prices are different, coupons are different... I just get aggravated at not getting the same deals as those people.

Needless to say - I still search for great websites! And I happened upon this challenge. I can't tell you how many times this month Stephen told me our next house was going to have a walk-in pantry. People's eyes have begun bulging as much as my pantry doors when I open those doors. I had to move an entire shelf of cookbooks today to make room for some of the pantry overflow!!

So I am wondering, what if I do this challenge? I will technically have a few days to prepare and decide what "rules" I want to go by. I know one lady who took this challenge and wanted to spend only $10 per week during January. I probably won't take it to that extreme because I don't want to miss any superb deals! But the fact of the matter is - we have a lot of food. I think if I walked into a lot of homes in our county, I would be ashamed of the amount of food we have. I know we seem to donate a lot (in my head, anyway) but we are certainly in no danger of starving.

Wouldn't you know that Stephen is out of town right now, which means he doesn't get a say in this decision? :) Actually, I think he'd love the idea. We have so many freezer and pantry items I can't believe this wouldn't work. And I wanted to start a real budget in February anyway, for this blog. It would be a great time to come in under budget!

Give me a few days to think about this and plan ahead... I'll let you know what I decide. If you want to do it too, let me know!!!

No comments: