Friday, January 29, 2010

Swagbucks

I had put off blogging about this website because I wasn't really sure about it. Some of you may have heard of Swagbucks before. If not, here is your Swagbucks 101 blog.

What is it?
Swagbucks is a search engine. It actually combines search results from Google and Ask.com. Every time you search for something you could earn Swagbucks. Usually it is 1 but I have actually won 4 Swagbucks one time. Pretty much the more you search there, the better chances you have of getting them. You can also earn SB by shopping online and other things that I won't do because it isn't free.

How do I start?
Go to the website and register. You will get 3 SB immediately. Then just start searching. Also, find new ways to earn SB by clicking on "Ways to Earn". Then you can click on "Prizes" at the top of the website to see what prizes you can earn. I'm not sure you can see this immediately or not - I never looked for it until tonight.

I signed up last Saturday and I've earned 28 SB now. I set it as my homepage, otherwise I'd never remember to go to it. Please note - the search results are not great, but the prizes are worth it, I think. (Besides, you can always search for Google and then Google whatever you are searching for...)

Prizes
28 SB doesn't sound like a lot to me, but right now I could trade those in for a few low prizes - mainly posters, trading cards, and a few $5 online gift cards. But you don't need any SB to earn some cool stuff, in my opinion:

The Office season - 60 SB
Baby clothes - 70 SB
Paypal $5 cash - 70 SB
Barnes & Noble $10 gift card - 125 SB
Target $20 gift card - 235 SB

Well, you get the picture. The crazy thing is you really don't have to do anything to earn SB except search. If you already do a lot of online shopping I think you can earn lots more SB but I'm not into that so I'm not sure.

If you want to join, feel free to use my referral code. I think I get SB for you joining under my name or something, but I'm really not sure.

Let me know how many SB you earn! If I can keep earning almost 30 a week, I can get some good prizes fairly quickly!

No comments: