Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rite Aid Wellness + Program

I thought for sure that I had written a blog about Rite Aid's "new" Wellness+ program but I looked back through my blog and couldn't find anything! So when Tracey emailed me a question about it I decided I should just write a blog for anyone who hasn't yet gotten involved in this program.

The Wellness program is a loyalty card for Rite Aid. Carry your card with you and use it at the register when you pay for your items. You can sign up online here or you can sign up the next time you're in the store and get your card immediately. The great thing is you don't have to do anything special to receive the coupons and discounts and points towards rewards. Just hand them your card when you check out. Here are the benefits of being a Wellness + member:
  • Wellness+ members only pricing, which means up to 20% off discounts on your purchases when you use your Wellness card.
  • 10% off on Rite Aid brand products every day when you use your Wellness card. For example, the Rite Aid trial packs of diapers would be $0.99 for everyone else but when I used my Wellness card to buy them they were $0.89.
  • Earn one point for every dollar you spend on non-prescription purchases. Your purchase amount counts BEFORE using coupons!)
  • Earn 25 points for every prescription you purchase
  • 24/7 access to a pharmacist when you call 1-800-RITE-AID
  • Receive periodic emails with Rite Aid coupons and discounts, as well as possible coupons at the bottom of your Rite Aid receipts
The +UP rewards are issued at the bottom of your receipt - a lot like Walgreens' Register Rewards. They are usable on anything in the store (except the usual items like prescriptions, lottery tickets. tobacco, alcohol, etc.).

Multiple +UP rewards can be used on one purchase. For example, if I buy a pack of diapers for $19.99 and I have a $2.00 reward from buying Pantene and a $1.00 reward from buying Starburst, I can use both of those rewards to take $3.00 off my total order.

Remember, on ONE ITEM you can use several different coupons. Example:

I buy a package of Huggies diapers, priced at $12.99. I have a $3.00 manufacturer's coupon that I got from the newspaper, a $2.00 coupon from Rite Aid Video Values, a $2.00 coupon from the Rite Aid weekly ad, a $1.00 Wellness + coupon, and a $2.00 Wellness+ coupon (from other purchases). I can use all of those coupons because they are all different! My final total would be $2.99 for the diapers after all those coupons.

Here is the official Rite Aid coupon policy if you have any questions.

Does that make sense to everyone? It's pretty simple. Unfortunately your +UP rewards will expire about two weeks after purchase, which is the same as Walgreens' Register Rewards. Let me know if you have any other questions!

No comments: