Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walmart Coupon Policy

I have some very exciting news!!

After trash talking Walmart and their coupon-hating ways inability to scan coupons reputation for not scanning coupons, they have changed a couple of things in their coupon policy!! Woot woot!

I would definitely print out the policy since it will take a while for cashiers to get used to it.

Some things to note:

They now accept competitors coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price. These are found all the time in Rite Aid and Walgreens ads, and every few weeks Lowes Foods has these in their ads.

They will now accept Catalinas. This is really awesome because Walgreens' Register Rewards are technically Catalinas! The coupon policy states as long as the catalina says "manufacturer coupon", a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code. Register rewards fit all those criteria. If it turns out to be a problem, the main point is you will still be able to take catalinas from other stores, which is awesome!

Another AWESOME thing to note - coupons may exceed the price of the item. I know TONS of Walmarts that allow you to do this, but our Aberdeen Walmart has never allowed this. I may be making a trip to Walmart, like, immediately!!!

I am so excited!! I know I am totally against the whole idea of Walmart because they always push out local businesses... I'll just have to see about this though!

No comments: