Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Already Loving Lawry's!

Okay, I am not trying to be a big dork about getting my Lawry's stuff in the mail, but as I was looking through the recipes there was one calling my name. The Grilled Chicken BLT! (Follow that link to see my version of it.) I was just looking at it and realized I had everything needed for it - the chicken, the marinade, the turkey bacon, the tomato (from our local food cooperative), and lettuce (from our local food cooperative). Done deal!

Now, I am not the type of person who likes things added to my BLT. I think they are perfect just the way they are. But this recipe looked so delicious I just had to try it. I definitely could see myself eating this for lunch once or twice a week because it was so easy to make for just one person.

In fact, I started thinking about what would taste great with the sandwich and settled on making french fries. I got a 5-lb bag of potatoes for $1.00 at Lowes Foods today, so that's a lot of french fries! I usually make them with sea salt, but this time I substituted the Lawry's seasoned salt that I got in the mail today. They were awesome! I was a little worried they'd be too spicy, but both Brianna (my 2-year old) ate a ton of them!

Honestly, I felt like I was eating cafe food! From McAllister's or Panera!

I am not just saying that.

Seriously, you've got to try these two recipes - the chicken BLT and the seasoned french fries. You will not regret it!

Don't forget - I received all of these items because I am a BzzAgent. But the opinions are 100% my own!

No comments: