Saturday, February 4, 2012

Importance of Pricing

A few days ago I wrote about using a price book, and how important it can be when you are shopping. I definitely saw this today when I was going over my grocery list for the week. I got an email from Harris Teeter for my e-VIC deals, and one thing I put on my shopping list was Heinz ketchup which is on sale for $1.97. I was going to get two. I added it to my shopping list (I love this app, although I was able to get it for free - it's now $2.99) but then out of curiosity I ran the numbers for price per ounce (which you should be doing anyway). Depending on what size you get it was between $0.05/oz and $0.06/oz. That's when I remembered to check this against my price book. I'm glad I did, because I just recently bought ketchup at Food Lion for just $1.67 for 40 oz, which comes out to $0.04 per ounce. We certainly like the FL brand just as well as any other brand.

Checking my price book just saved me $3.94!

No comments: