Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Harris Teeter

Hillshire Farm deli tubs (x2)
RP $4.19. E-VIC sale $2.97. Minus $0.55 coupon. FP - $1.87

Aquafresh toothpaste
RP $3.65. E-VIC sale $0.97. Minus $1.00 coupon. FP - Free

Progresso soup (x7)
RP $2.89. E-VIC sale $1.27. FP - $1.27 each (There is a coupon for Progresso floating around but I didn't have it.)

Bread - $1.27

Final shopping total - $34.29
OOP - $11.23
Saved - $23.06 (about 67%)

I walked out of the store after this trip and had a suspicion that my out of pocket expense way too high (almost $17.00). I started doing some calculations and realized that my Hillshire Farms meats did not ring up on sale. I went back inside and the employee at customer service told me that my meats did not meet the sale requirements because they were low sodium. I asked her if there was somewhere that said that on the advertisement, and she said no. Her manager overheard and told the lady to give it to me for the sales price. In the end, though, they also gave me one tub for free because it was a scan error. So, 2 Hillshire Farms products for $2.97, minus the two $0.55 coupons I had, equals $0.39 per tub of deli meat!! You can't beat that!

No comments: