Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kids Frugal Craft - Sock Bunnies!

I'm pretty sure I should have blogged about this back around Easter when we did this craft... but, c'est la vie! Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes, eh?

We made sock bunnies! A very thrifty craft that will keep your kids entertained far longer than you could imagine.

Here is the original page with instructions. You should be able to enlarge it by clicking on it.

You will need:
  • a child's sock
  • dried lentils (I actually used pinto beans... I can't imagine it really matters!)
  • a rubber band
  • scissors
  • small amount of ribbon
  • felt (optional)
  • pom-pom (optional)

Use a spoon or a funnel to add the dried beans to a child's sock, filling it up just past the heel. Close the sock with a tightly looped rubber band.

To create the head and neck, tie a ribbon around the sock just below the heel. Use scissors to cut the sock's cuff into two ears, rounding the edges to give them the right shape.

Cut a nose, teeth, and eyes from felt. Attach the facial features and a white pom-pom or cotton ball tail with tacky glue.



If I had known that felt was sold at the dollar store ($1 at Dollar General with party supplies) I would have bought some. Instead I used permanent marker and googly eyes. Go with the flow when crafting, right!?

No comments: