Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Harris Teeter

Today started another round of triples at Harris Teeter. Imagine my disappointment when a fellow "couponer" stopped me in the aisles at the Whispering Pines Harris Teeter to tell me that any of my "Do Not Double" coupons would not scan. Not only will they not scan, but apparently if they do accidentally double (or in this case, triple) the cashier is supposed to void them. She told me she has heard of the cashiers having to sign waivers to this effect. Needless to say this meant I had to put back half of my shopping cart... Thus, a very small amount bought by me today. I haven't been to the Aberdeen one yet but I'm thinking this is probably a corporate thing. If anyone hears anything will you let me know?

Pepperidge Farm baked chips
RP $3.49. SP $2.50. Minus $0.75 coupon (thanks Mom!). FP - $0.25

Jolly Time popcorn
RP $3.19. Minus $0.50 coupon. FP - $1.69 (This was in the wrong place on the shelf; I thought it was going to be free, so this is going to be a donation for Fed By Faith!)

Quaker medley oatmeal
RP $1.99. Minus $0.50 coupon. Minus $0.50 e-coupon. FP - Free

Angel Soft toilet paper (4-pack)
RP $3.69. SP $2.99. Minus $0.45 coupon. Minus $0.45 e-coupon. FP - $1.19

Franks hot sauce
RP $1.49. Minus $0.75 coupon. FP - Free

Barilla pasta
RP $1.39. Used a free coupon to make it Free

Zone bar
RP $1.39. Used a free coupon to make it Free

Tyson nuggets
RP $4.39. SP $2.19. Minus $0.75 coupon. FP - Free

Gorton fish fillets
RP $5.59. Minus $0.50 coupon. FP - $4.09 (Also on the wrong place on the shelf; darn! I didn't notice these things due to my crying baby! I will just keep this since it's a freezer item - if it was shelf-stable I would definitely return it.)

Jello Temptations
RP $3.00. SP $2.50. Minus $0.90 coupon. FP - Free

Coffee-Mate
RP $3.49. Used a free coupon to make it Free

Final shopping total - $33.65
OOP - $7.76
Total saved - $25.89 (about 77%)

Yuck! I can't believe how oblivious I was to some of the pricing mistakes! That's the price you pay when shopping with kids I guess! How did you guys do??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is true about the dnd coupons. The laurinburg store did the same thing to me this morning. I had to put most of my stuff back as well.