Monday, June 4, 2012

Kids Frugal Craft - Q-Tip Painting

I saw this Q-tip painting on a blog recently and thought my kids would love to try it! The blog isn't in English but it's easy to see where she's going with this activity!

You will need:
  • Paper (I used the back of some scrap paper I had)
  • Paint (I used red, green, yellow, brown and gold)
  • Q-tips
Paint the base of a tree, some branches, and an outline of the leaves on the paper. Obviously you don't have to be an artist for this project - my art skills are severely lacking and so far my kids haven't figured out how to complain about it.

Lay out the paints and the Q-tips and let them have at it! My kids didn't really understand how to "dot" with the Q-tips. Brianna knew how to do it but she really just didn't want to. (Her new thing is "I know how to do it, I just don't want to!) And who am I to stifle her creativity?





 I'm in shock that Hunter sat still long enough to even complete this activity. He sat still for about 15 minutes which is a miracle!




The final masterpieces:

 Brianna (3 years old):


 Mine: (doesn't look much different from the kids!)


 Hunter (20 months old)


Remember, the pictures don't have to be perfect! The pictures on that blog are really beautiful but the only thing that matters is if your kids have fun!

We are sending these to a family member who is serving overseas right now so it makes the craft even better!

No comments: