Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Make Your Own

Coffee Creamer!

I'm telling you... I don't like coffee at all. I drink it out of necessity. So I love flavored coffee and flavored creamers. But geez... cream can get expensive!! Fortunately my Mom passed along a book that had recipes for homemade creamer. It is called "Cheapskate in the Kitchen" which sounds kind of like it's describing me! Any time I run out of store bought creamer that I've bought on the cheap, I know my back-up plan is to make my own.

You will need:
  • 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • Mason jar
  • Other ingredients, based on the kind of creamer you are making.

Pour one 14-oz can fat-free sweetened condensed milk and 1 ½ c. skim milk into a mason jar. Add flavorings, seal and shake vigorously. If you add dry ingredients, refrigerate overnight and shake again the next day to blend thoroughly.



Chocolate Almond – 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp almond extract

Vanilla – 2 tsp vanilla extract

Strudel – 1 Tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp almond extract

Cappuccino – 1 tsp almond extract, ½ tsp orange extract

Chocolate Raspberry – 2 tsp cocoa powder, 1/8 cup raspberry pancake syrup

Will keep for up to 2 weeks

So how easy is that?? So far I have made the chocolate almond and the vanilla flavors and they have been so good. I highly recommend making this, especially if you can catch the condensed milk on sale at the store!

No comments: