Thursday, September 6, 2012

Frugal Craft - I Love You This Much Card





Many years ago, the hubby and I quit exchanging gifts for holidays. When we had kids I wanted to continue that tradition - I didn't really want to feel obligated to buy him all these presents "from" the kids and I didn't want him to feel that same obligation.

But the fact is, I still do love giving gifts. So I'm always searching for cheap, fun little gifts to give him on his birthday or Father's Day. (Just so you know, the clearance sales at Michael's craft stores are perfect for getting gifts under $2 that your kids can make for your spouse!!)

But I saw this idea and loved it - an "I Love You This Much card".

Super easy to make and really, really cute!

Step 1 - Trace your child's hand and then cut out two copies. She used double sided paper, probably card stock. I used the construction paper I had on hand and let both kids choose a color.

Step 2 - Cut out a strip of paper and fold it accordion style. Use letter rub-ons or stickers to add the words "I Love You" on the outside, and "This Much" on the strip of paper. You can go to her blog to see how she did it, and that I changed it up a little bit. I had stickers from my scrapbooking supplies so I just used those.

Step 3 - Glue the ends of your accordion strip on the insides of the hands and your card is done. :)



It really is so easy to do but the kids really enjoyed doing this for Father's Day. Yep, we did this back in June and I'm just getting around to blogging about it. I'm just cool like that.

Highly recommend this project for you and your little ones!

No comments: