Monday, January 25, 2010

Dumpster Diving


Welcome to a little segment I like to call "Dumpster Diving" or "Don't Knock It Till You've Tried It." My dumpster diving days go back many years, back to when my sister was in college and other students were getting rid of perfectly useful items. Actually, it was instilled in me in a young age, when I wanted a CD player and dad just happened upon one at the dump. I used that CD player for many years. I'm not sure if it still works or not, but we certainly got our money's worth out of it! So to speak...

These days I dumpster dive mainly at the recycling centers around town for magazines and coupons. Every day is a new experience and you never know if you're going to get a haul or fail. I would love to enlighten you on the trips I take to the dumpsters. Look at the fat haul I got last Saturday!

This is: 5 Taste of Homes, 5 Taste of Homes Quick Cooking, 5 Kraft Food & Family, 3 Food and Wine, 2 Good Housekeeping, 2 Creative Cook's Kitchen, 1 Pampered Chef cookbook, 1 Taste of Home Healthy Cooking, 1 HomeBasics, 1 Better Homes and Gardens, 1 Ladies' Home Journal, 1 Southern Living, 1 P&G Brand Saver, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Love it!!

No comments: