Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Walmart

Well, obviously ever since Walmart's new coupon policy came out I have been dying to try it.

So last week, I took a $2.00 Walgreens coupon for Reach floss and used it on 97-cent floss. This was about two days after the coupon policy went into effect and the manager told me that Walmart does not accept catalina coupons. Fortunately I had a copy of the policy with me and showed it to her. She asked the cashier if she had tried to run the coupon through yet. When the cashier said no, the manager said, "Well, it will beep because we don't accept those, but I'll push it through this time." When the coupon was run through... it didn't beep. Because it was valid! Anyway, long story short I definitely did get paid $0.85 to shop that day. I walked out of there very excited!!

So this was my trip on 3/13:

Jergens trial size lotion - $0.97
Used a $1.00 coupon (no size exclusions) that I got from a free sample. Final price - $0.03 overage

Sensodyne trial size toothpaste
- $0.97
Used a $1.00 coupon from a recent Red Plum (no size exclusions). Final price - $0.03 overage

Gain dryer sheets
(x4) - $1.87 each
Used the $3.00 coupon from a recent Red Plum (no size exlusions). Final price - $1.13 overage

Subtotal - -$4.58
Minus $0.73 tax (or rather, plus the tax...)
Final shopping total - Paid $3.85

Now that's what I like to see!!

Of course when I got home that night I realized we had run out of Diaper Genie refills. These are WAY WAY cheaper at Walmart than anywhere else. So the next day I took another $3.00 Gain coupon and bought the same dryer sheets and a DG refill.

My total should have been $8.48. After using the $3.00 coupon, my total was $5.48. Which is great, because there aren't coupons for the Diaper Genie refills!!

Have you ventured into Walmart yet to try the new policy??

No comments: