Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Food Lion

I was surprised to see some of the lower prices in Food Lion when I stopped by there tonight. I hadn't been in Food Lion in quite some time, mainly because they have awful checkout lines and customer service, but I was running low(ish) on pasta and wanted to get some, so I ran in...

Canned vegetables (there is a new lower-priced brand at Food Lion called "my essentials"
RP $0.79. SP - $0.33 each

Sandwich bread
(my essentials brand) - $0.99 (that is the regular price!! I already had some tonight and it is so good! I even compared the ingredients list with the Sara Lee right next to it and they had the exact same ingredients, although I admit you never know the exact quantities of ingredients and everything...)

Ronzoni garden delight pasta (x10)
RP $1.89. Used raincheck to make it $1.00. Minus $1.00 coupon. FP - Free

Smart Option chicken nuggets
- $1.39 (marked down)

Bananas - $0.32 ($0.49/lb)

Marcal paper towels (x2)
RP $1.19. Minus $1.00 coupon. FP - $0.19

Grapes - ??? (see note)

Final shopping total - $17.90
OOP - $4.52
Saved - $13.38 (about 75%)

I got home and was checking my receipt when I realized I wasn't charged for the grapes for some reason. I do plan on taking them back tomorrow and showing them the receipt and paying for them, so my total will go up some. Brianna only snagged four of them before I realized she was changing the weight and I put them out of her reach. Haha!

No comments: