Saturday, July 2, 2011

Walmart

I know - I am shopping more at Walmart in recent months than ever in my whole life. But some of their prices are just so much lower than the other grocery chains around here. I am trying to keep a small pricebook so I can really keep track, especially of items without coupons. Feel free to write down prices from my blog! Just keep in mind they are Aberdeen prices only!

Boneless chicken breast
Reg Price at HT - $3.99/lb (cheapest). Reg Price at Lowes Foods - $2.79/lb (cheapest). Price at Walmart - $10.92 ($1.88/lb on sale). Thanks mom, for the tip! Savings = Approx $12

Great Value flour (5 lb)
Reg Price at HT - $2.19 (cheapest). Reg Price at Lowes Foods - $1.79 (cheapest). Price at Walmart - $2.06. I know it's cheaper at Lowes but it's also 15 minutes further away to drive!

Great Value brown sugar (2 lb)
Reg Price at HT - $1.77 (cheapest). Reg Price at Lowes Foods - $2.15 (cheapest). Price at Walmart - $1.48 Savings = $0.29

Vegetable oil (48 oz)
Reg Price at HT - $3.69 (cheapest). Reg Price at Lowes Foods - $2.99 (cheapest). Price at Walmart - $2.48 Savings = $0.51

Bananas
Reg Price at HT - $0.69/lb. Reg Price at Lowes Foods - $0.55/lb (if you buy a 3 lb bag). Price at Walmart - $0.45/lb = $0.77.

Apples
Reg Price at HT - $1.99/lb. Reg Price at Lowes Foods - $1.99/lb. Price at Walmart - $0.69/lb - $1.01

Final OOP - $21.20

I really needed all of these items (except the apples, but I plan on making lots of fruit leather with it! So even though I spent a lot out of pocket I still feel really good about these purchases.

No comments: