Thursday, October 6, 2011

$100 Grocery Challenge

I can't believe it, but September has come and gone already, so let's see if we made our $100 grocery challenge this month...

MADE IT!!... I think. I'll explain.

Final shopping total - $279.89
OOP - $101.13
Saved -$178.76 (about 64%)

This does include purchases made from farmers markets, roadside produce stands and a friend who sells me eggs.

The reason I actually consider myself as making the challenge, even though I went over $100, is because a purchase included here was several pounds of peaches, which I then made into peach butter and sold. I never subtracted the amount of money I made from selling the peach butter, but I do know at the end of the month, I was technically back under $100.

Also, remember I am now doing a Walgreens/Rite Aid challenge, basically just wanting to make enough money throughout the month doing miscellaneous things to make up for any purchases I make at drug stores.

In September, I spent... nothing. That's right, didn't make it to Rite Aid or Walgreens one. single. time. All month. That's what I mean when I say life has been happening around here, people! That is a disgrace!

I made $4.95 through Ebay. I made $67.92 in checks from rebates, mystery shopping, and online surveys.

How did you do in September?

No comments: