Friday, October 5, 2012

Frugal Game - Squeezie Sidewalk Chalk

I saw this idea on No Time For Flashcards and loved it - I just knew we had to try it out!!

Squeezie Sidewalk Chalk!

You will need:
  • squeeze bottles (They are CHEAP at dollar stores and Bed Bath & Beyond, my mom got mine from a yard sale!)
  • cornstarch
  • water
  • food coloring
Pour your cornstarch in a bowl or container. That's right, the whole box goes in. Add water and stir until you get the right texture. You're going to want to be able to squeeze it from the bottle if that gives you an idea of how thin you want it to be.



Pour into the squeeze bottle and THEN add food coloring. We chose blue and green.


Go outside and have at it!





























Perfect summer activity!!  Even with my kids being one (at the time) and three, they LOVED this activity. I can't tell you how often I get asked to do this with them again. :)  I love it when they love cheap fun!  And yes, it came right off the sidewalk with the next rain... it just so happened that was about 2 1/2 weeks after this!  Haha!  But every time I walked outside I remembered what a great time we had together, so it was well worth it.

I highly recommend you do this with your kids, especially if they're older because they'll be able to do more shapes and "artistic" things.

If you do it, show me your pictures!

No comments: