Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rite Aid Video Values

I am a heathen!! Okay, I am so sorry for never blogging about Rite Aid Video Values. And if you have not taken the opportunity to search these out, I am sorry again!! Let me enlighten you...

This is the website.

Go to that website and register. That is totally different from your Rite Aid Rebates account.

Once you log in, just start watching videos. Here is the trick - you need to watch the video. Most average around 30 seconds to 1 minute. If you try to flip between Internet pages - the video will pause. At the end of the video, a captcha will come up. You have 30 seconds to enter the letters that appear. Obviously, this is the manufacturer's way of making sure you see the product. This is what I do. I start a video playing, turn around and clip a few coupons or make some food (one of our computers is in the kitchen), turn around, enter the captcha, start the next video. By watching the videos you score a coupon from that manufacturer and a certain amount of "credits". Once you get 20 "credits" you score a $5 off $25 purchase at Rite Aid coupon! Also, because these are considered Rite Aid coupons they can be stacked with manufacturer coupons, making even better deals!!

One example is from my trip today, which I haven't blogged about yet. GE light bulbs are on rebate. They were on sale for 2/$5. If you buy two, you get a $2.00 rebate. That brings it to 2/$3. Then I had two $1.00 coupons from the paper, bringing it to 2/$1. Then, with Video Value coupons, I had two $0.40 coupons. That brought my total to 2/$0.20. Totally worth it!

The coupons expire between 1-2 months after you watch the video. You can print them any time or never. This is great because you're not printing off tons of coupons that you end up never using. But for example, I saw that I needed the GE coupons this week and just printed off two.

Please note - once you print, you cannot print ever again. So choose wisely! There is one way around this. In this example, I needed two coupons. Now, I had two coupons anyway from January and February Video Values. But say I just had one online and needed two. When I press the "print" button, it won't automatically print. My print options for my computer will come up first. So in the space where it asks how many copies I want, I would click "2". Heck, you can print 20 if you want to.

It's smart to do this with the 5/$25 coupon as well. Sometimes it's kind of hard to come up with $25 worth of stuff to buy at Rite Aid, but then others the rebates just work out well for you to come up with that amount fairly quickly, and then you can make more than one $25 transaction if you need to.

Any questions?? I feel like I rambled this off pretty quickly.

No comments: